Sunday, October 25, 2009

Words that inspire

by day ...

Study the past if you would define the future 
- Confucius
Chinese philosopher and reformer (551 BC to 479 BC)

History repeats itself.
It has all been done before.
Nothing under the sun is truly new.
- King Solomon
Ecclesiastes 1:9, New Living Translation

and by night ... 

You are a perfect man 
but not the perfect man for me. 
- Hannah (Michelle Monaghan) in Made of Honor
A romantic comedy (2008)    

I know, it was not all that original, but I enjoyed seeing this again! In essence, it reminds me of one who may not be perfect, but he may be perfect for me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sound like you talking about me... LOL

The Forgetful One! said...

Reveal thy self and ye shall know! ... LOL

Anonymous said...

look in your heart, and you will know...

"stretch out with your feelings. let go, michele, and the Force will be with you..."

double LOL

The Forgetful One! said...

Goodness, sounds like Star Wars ... alamak, you don't sound like the person I had in mind ... LOL ... LOL ... LOL ... :-(

Anonymous said...

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.

Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better...

Would you prefer these to Star Wars?

The Forgetful One! said...

LOL ... So am I supposed to look in my heart or my mind or perhaps the middle ground? Each reveals a different person.

Anonymous said...

Life is not a zero sum game, is it? Why not try all 3 and decide which fits best?

Love is giving, not taking. A loving relationship is about giving to one another, hence "love sought is good, but given unsought, is better..."

Find that person who loves unflinchingly, and make sure you do the same, and then you will find the imperfect man who is perfect for you.

Good luck in your soul searching...