Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Malaysian Topless Exposé

When you recognize Cliff Richard songs at a concert you didn’t plan to attend but attended anyway and drive convertibles you love but can’t afford, life gets pretty interesting, don’t you think?

Singing along to “Summer Holidays” and “Bachelor Boy” on a Saturday evening took me down memory lane. Cruising topless in a Mercedes-Benz SLK 280 and the BMW Z4 3.0si on a Sunday afternoon created memories that will last.

“I wish these cars belonged to me,” I remembered thinking. “But it’s pretty d*** hot to be going topless in sweltering heat.” I don’t know how Europeans do it at nude beaches!

A few shades darker, a bad hair day, and layers of dust later, I still could not fully enjoy these roadsters. And it’s got nothing to do with the head-turning moment of fame or whizzing by average-looking cars.

Don’t be mistaken. I think these are absolutely gorgeous cars. The Merc is elegantly stylish and a solid performer, while the other … ooohh, a daredevil and totally wicked!

The truth is, while convertibles are definitely to be coveted, it’s pointless to go topless in them in sunny or rainy Malaysia. But if you must have them, I would recommend the Merc for high fashion, high society occasions requiring meticulous deportment and a strong head on your shoulders.

The Beemer would do well when you dare put on that skimpy outfit that has been hanging in your closet and when you find the James Bond mate to attend out-of-this-world type parties.

Happy convertible-ing, if you must!

For the record in case you have a really wild imagination - I didn't go topless, rather the roadsters. Hahaha!

3 comments:

Tracy Tan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Forgetful One! said...

Ah Tracy! Definitely will loop you in if the opportunity knocks again. By the way, I love your new Beemer ... 3.30? Slick. When can I drive?

Apa Pun Boleh said...

Wah...Michele. When can you let me have your cars for a spin? Karl