Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'll dance again

Have you ever read a lovely post and thought, "wow, that could be me?" then turn away and completely forget about it. And after going through a bit more of the ups and mostly downs in life, you re-visit that post or re-read it only to realize a greater sense of conviction and truth in the words and say, "that's me alright!"

What was different from the first time I read the post?

Sunday comes. Woke up just in time to get dressed and head for church. A foreigner named John was leading worship. Mike P and team was in town. I wasn't sure what God was going to say through this funny Greek but it sure was good seeing a slimmer, healthier, and younger looking Mike! There is certainly a new lease of life when one hits half time!

Mike talked about the idols in today's church - good looking people, the gifted/talented, and the ones with big personalities that make us laugh - we crave for these, and we subconsciously promote these while overlooking the less attractive, less gifted and boring folks in the pew.

How easy it is for us to be distracted by the ideals of the world and lose sight of the very things that matter the most in life. In the midst of worship, God calls us to build relationships with people; to be humble, give glory and perform to the audience of One - God; and uphold the people whom we love and who have the vision for God's mission, regardless of whether we think it's wise or not ... (it's probably better if you took time to personally listen to Mike P)

There is certainly so much more to life than the good looking, gifted and good laughs ... the altar call came for those who were desperate for more of God ... I found the peaceful presence of God a safe place. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I poured my heart out to the One who really knew how I felt, what I was going through, and knew what would be coming my way. And I knew in my heart that what he said was true, that a new day was coming ... and I will dance again ....

I re-read a friend's post that I had read a couple of months ago and thought ... I may have identified a little with this back then, but tonight, I can say, "That's me alright!"



I hope you dance by Lee Ann Womack
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder

You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger

May you never take one single breath for granted

God forbid love ever leave you empty handed

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens

Promise me that you'll give faith the fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance

I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance

Never settle for the path of least resistance

Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking

Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth making

Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter

When you come close to selling out reconsider

Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance (Time is a wheel in constant motion always)

I hope you dance (Rolling us along)

I hope you dance (Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder)

I hope you dance (Where those years have gone)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens

Promise me that you'll give faith the fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

Dance

I hope you dance

I hope you dance (Time is a wheel in constant motion always)

I hope you dance (Rolling us along)

I hope you dance (Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder)

I hope you dance (Where those years have gone)

(Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder)

I hope you dance (Where those years have gone)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, thanks for blogging and writing what's on your heart. I need to read your stuff more often. Are you still dancing? I hope so... in praise to God. Please pray for me.