Sunday, January 4, 2009

Glimpses of 2009

2008 has come and gone so quickly, and I finished the year feeling more tired than ever.

While I would have liked to have just slept right through the Christmas and New Year's break, I ended up meeting new friends and catching up with old ones. They were all fine and good.

I enjoyed watching lots of telly, something I don't get to do much when work and study schedules intensify.

As I move into the new year, I find my plate already full of to-dos. Several projects that have already marked my 2009 calendar will get done in due time. However, I would like 2009 to be different.

I would really like to inculcate the godly balance of work and rest - a necessary skill for survival.

I would like to ...



Regularly STOP from the flurry of activities

& SMELL the ROSES!
Go CLIMBING in and out doors
Be an ECO DIVER and
Scuba dive again


And more than anything, I would like to be found in the Potter's hand, journeying into His heart and seeing his goodness and faithfulness in my life.




The Potter's Hand

Beautiful Lord, Wonderful savior
I know for sure all of my days are held in your hands
Crafted into your perfect plans

You gently called me into your presence
Guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life
Through your eyes

I'm captured by your holy calling
Set me apart I know you're drawing me to yourself
lead me, Lord I pray

Oh Take me, mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the potter's hand

Oh Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the potter's hand



Through His eyes, it looks like the "world is my oyster" where the opportunities are vast, but also, it is the oyster, where I will venture in with sword in hand to battle for that pearl of great price!

This shall be my direction for 2009.

P.S. Many thanks to my friends who have continued to visit me in this space, to the anonymouses who say what needs to be said, and most important of all, may we all experience the grace of God in our lives in 2009 and live to tell of his goodness and mercy all the days of our lives.

No comments: