Thursday, January 22, 2009

Make me a child ...

After several long days in Bangkok with work life mirroring the hustle and bustle of traffic on Rama IV, I was all ready to go home.

Before packing up, I did the usual glance through of Facebook.

A friend commented that there was no grey hair in sight when viewing my profile pictures. Yes, I thought, just like the typical Asian, I must be blessed with a youthful look ... and that got me thinking while I was in the cab on the way to the airport.

I have been doing so much reading on different topics from newspapers articles, textbooks, the Bible to the book titled "Blink" ... I don't think I have ever read up on so many different topics all within a short span of time.

The end result: Everythings seems a blurr and nothing of great value has yet to pop up ... and all that grey on pages and pages of material is truly giving me a headache!

Oh, that I would be like a child once again, taking time to smell the roses, enjoy the ocean's fresh air and soaking in the healthy morning sun ... and perhaps, all that information and knowledge will slowly settle and form a clearer vision.

I was reminded of this song that we used to sing over and over again as we sought with passionate hearts to worship our God and Creator amidst humble surroundings.

Today, I sing it again with heartfelt thanks that somewhere out there, somehow, my Father in Heaven is just waiting around the corner to surprise me with good gifts and great adventures ... that keep me excited with live and living.

Intimacy Song by Jonathan Daniels

Make me a child in my faith
Make me a child in my love for you
Hold me now, in your arms
As I open my world to you
The secret place of my heart
This is my song of love ...

I need you more than the ocean needs the shore Father
I love you more than the sunshine you bring
I love to tell you just how wonderful you are, Jesus
I see your beauty everywhere I look ...

There is no song to sing it
There is no dance to dance it
The way that I feel
This is my song of love ...


And I am certain there's more lyrics to this but I was not able to find the song on the internet and so, if any of you have this, do send it my way so others can benefit from this beautiful song to a deserving God and Creator of the Universe.

... a key to finding that pearl of great price must be in having a child-like faith to pursue God and the things that occupies His heart.

No comments: