Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tiny T(h)ots!

Life has taken an interesting turn. I never used to like kids for various reasons:
1. I didn't know how to get along with them
2. I was too busy growing up and pursuing my career.

But miracles do happen along the way, as we grow up and live life. Of late, I have noticed a different side of me that I never knew existed. The few times I have had a chance to relax and just hang out with friends, I have been surrounded by kids. What surprised me was I actually enjoyed hanging out with all of them and I must admit, I especially love these tiny tots!!!

Here's baby Jeevan four weeks after touching down in Malaysia. He has put on weight. He looks more and more like his dad and smiles a lot when surrounded by his cousins and mom's friends.

He is also a very curious baby. Always checking out his surroundings, so much so that he would get distracted and refuse to sleep no matter how tired he was.

He has two gorgeous cousins - Ayesha and Kyren.

Ayesha loves to dress up in pretty dresses and high heels. Her favorite color seems to be pink. She's bright, loving and quite a little lady. She was recently fascinated with the idea of breastfeeding and has enjoyed playing "mom" and "feeding baby." (Oh! And kids being kids, the "baby" feeds from "mom's" elbow ... go figure ... lol)

Baby's other cousin is Kyren, who loves cars, trucks, and anything with wheels. He never seems to tire of watching the cartoon titled "Cars." Infact, I too enjoyed watching "Cars" with him. I was fascinated by the talking porsche and lamborghini!

When Kyren is behind the wheels, you know he's in his element - beaming with cheekiness and oh ... just having a blast!

Kyren is also musically inclined and loves mimicking the hand movements of the drummer during Sunday worship. He has such a great personality coupled with his cheeky ways. He is most likely one who would pray ... Our Father, Who does art in heaven, Harold is His name. Amen. And God the Father would have a good laugh from above!

Both he and his sister Ayesha are such a joy. They are also compassionate kids and I can almost imagine them in this scenario:

A father was at the beach with his children when the two-year-old son ran up to him, grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore where a seagull lay dead in the sand. "Daddy, what happened to him?" the son asked. "He died and went to Heaven," the Dad replied. The boy thought a moment and then said, "Did God throw him back down?"

After six full weeks, it was finally time for baby Jeevan to head home to wintery Chicago. Here he is waiting for mom to say all her goodbyes. He's got this mischievious "taukeh" look and might have been praying ... Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am.

Here's to celebrating children - the little miracles that God has given us. Through them we observe the simplicity of child-like faith, the joys of parenting or of grown ups around little humans.

4 comments:

Tracy Tan said...

the last picture of jeevan looks soooo.... cute! and i would have loved to hear kyren say a prayer. he made such an impression on me :)

Anonymous said...

The kids love and enjoy their "Auntie Michele" as much as she enjoys them :)

Anonymous said...

kyren's last prayer was for superman! (when asked at bedtime to choose who he would like to pray for). "dear jesus, pls bless superman with no coughing..." (because he himself had been coughing). sweet boy

Full Time Mom said...

We've had back-to-back screenings of "Cars" at our house since it came out last year.

A few years ago, "Finding Nemo" was showing at our house too.

So not only do the children start reciting lines from the movies, their parents do as well!

"Harold is his name" - that's funny!

Kash - how are you doing?