Sunday, April 22, 2007

Of Sunsets & Surfing ...

Among the amazing sights in Bali is the sunset at Tanah Lot, a location that many go to to see the temple that is built on rocks.

The temple is accessible during the day (low tide) and is surrounded by water during the evenings (high tide).

While I was there, I witnessed a beautiful sunset and had a revelation about the extraordinary sport of gliding on water.


As I took in the fresh ocean breeze and ocassionally glanced towards the setting sun, my gaze would frequently return to a group of young men bobbing in the ocean waters, lying horizontal on long, flat boards waiting to ride the next big wave.

Suddenly (as all revelations come to us), I realized that surfing may very well be the closest thing to walking on water, as Jesus did during his days.

Life can be like surfing ... waiting to catch the next wave ... the bigger the wave ... the higher you ride and the further you glide!

I think I will try surfing after I have done my fair share of scuba diving :-)

No comments: