Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Superhero in the the making ...

Life's been like an emotional roller coaster of late. It's difficult for me to express what it is that I am going through so I have turned to doing what some might call "nonsensical" quizzes to help "lighten" the atmosphere and hopefully alleviate the unfounded fears and sense of disorientation that have been plaguing my otherwise peaceful rest ...

I chanced upon several fun quizzes that help you determine your comic superheros while reading an old friend's blog. He's not literally "old" but I best remember him from my very first missions trip to Khon Kean, Thailand, in the mid-90s. He was the leader of the group. I digress ...

Back to the quizzes ... it helps to know that my X-Men Personality is Storm. Controlling the weather (atmokinesis) might be her mutant talent, but it's her sharp wit and loyalty that make her a valuable asset to the X-Men crew. Ororo Munroe, known for her ability to spark lightening storms and command rain and snow, is consumed by her allegiance to Professor X's goal of peacefully coexisting with humans. Storm is one of the oldest and respected members of the X-Men squad, often acting as its second in command.

Then there's the "Which Superhero are you?" quiz and it turns out that my inner superhero is Spider-Man / Catwoman. There's a dark side to you, but you always end up doing the right thing. With great power comes greater responsibility, so don't be fooled by the glitz and get caught in a web of evil.

It helps to day dream a little about the great and mighty things that my superhero personalities can fulfill in this life time!

Perhaps, I could also someday partake of supernatural wonders of such majestic scale. After all didn't the Bible characters Moses part the Red Sea or Joshua the Jordon River? or Daniel who came out of the fiery furnace unscathed or out of the lion's den alive? or Jesus (then Peter ... and then not!) who walked on water?

I believe God has given us the ability to exercise the supernatural in our natural realms, where miracles can and should perhaps be common place for those who know God and seek to fulfill His purposes in a needy world!

It feels like I am going through some kind of transition. It feels like I have just journeyed down a tunnel towards the light that is at the end of the tunnel. It feels like I just got flushed out into the deep blue as if I were a little fish called Nemo or the high-society mouse butler (from Flushed Away). At that point, my senses require a refocusing to adapt to the vastness of the deep blue.

It will take time to orientate myself to this new level or perspective. I would like to be able to see God do greater things in and through my life and see the nations blessed. For isn't this one of the reasons He has called us to partner Him in world missions?

2 comments:

Sam said...

i'm a 'Storm' too. hehehe would love to have the ability to call up a tornado to carry off people who irritate me sometimes...hmmmm

The Forgetful One! said...

Yeah ... now there's a thought! We've got to find a place for people who irritate us don't we????!