Sunday, February 10, 2008

It depends on who's on your side

When I look to the One who is larger than life itself and know that he has heard my prayer ...

To live with him in his house my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet.
That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world.
The perfect gateway, far from the buzz of traffic.
(Psalm 27: 4-5, The Message]


And when I hear this song and sing along, I sense the vastness of this God whom I worship and serve. I know that he is in charge, and my life is in his hands.



Almighty God by Tim Hughes

The rising Sun that fills the sky
The starry host that lights the night
Reflecting Your glory
The mountain heights, forever stand
The rain that falls to soak the land
Respond to Your glory

Almighty God, in every way
You are above and beyond understanding
If we did not praise, the rocks would cry out
Glorious God, high above understanding

The vast expanse of earth and sea
Held by You in harmony
Speaks of Your glory
All You've made, since time began
Life itself; Your perfect plan
And it's all for Your glory

Creation joins as one to sing
“Glorious God.”
So far above all earthly things

And my response ...

Light, space, zest - that's you, my God!
So with you on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing.
[Psalm 27:1, The Message]


Would you believe it, after having experienced his presence and finding assurance of being by his side, I relaxed and was able to climb better and higher this afternoon.

No comments: