Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pieces of the jigsaw puzzle ...

It's been so long since I posted an entry on my blog, so much so that it's difficult even to write one now. It's as if my mental energies have been diverted to something else that is so powerful that it has difficulty refocusing on the here and now ... or is this human nature's response to the pressures of post-module assignments that beg the much-needed attention.




The full-time learning environment at the National University of Singapore was a breath of fresh air. Having met 44 others from the United States, Denmark, Egypt, Hong Kong, Taiwan, The Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, and Singapore, the wealth of knowledge and a combined hundreds of years of experience makes the learning environment an incredibly rewarding one. This is indeed one of the unique selling propositions of the Executive MBA Program from both the Business Schools of the University of Singapore and the University of California, Los Angeles.

I wrote in my last post ...

While I see and understand, I also sense a burgeoning vision of great expanse that I am humbly aware that I actually don't see clearly and don't understand fully ...

Let me see your vision, dream your dreams
And paint them across the wide canvas of limitless skies
Thy kingdom come. Not my will, but yours be done ...

Pieces of the jigsaw puzzle began to fall into place during my two-week residential segment at the National University of Singapore. I admit there are many, many more pieces that are still making their way to the huge big board but isn't that how God is ... he reveals bits of information at a time and will eventually create a masterpiece of our lives. He doesn't reveal it all at once lest restless souls like mine get bored in the process of fulfilling our destinies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace for a 1,000-mile journey

Without this, there's not a chance for me to get through this 15-month educational program in a meaningful way. I just knew in my heart that I was where I needed to be at this point in my life. This knowledge gave me the courage and strength to move forward ... No matter how tired I was from all the late nights or early mornings of studying, a certain peace silenced the fears and seeped into the depths of my heart and soul. Along with this, my appreciation for my classmates, lecturers and the topics of study increased with each passing day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Handpicked to be blessed

I loved how he brought like-minded people from all over the world to seek, knock, and find him in the midst of academia. In the midst of discussing our presentations, case studies, and concepts, he seemed to be actively working in our lives to reveal and remind us of who he is - our Father, Brother, and Friend who provides and stands by us to comfort and care for us. It did not matter how trivial or major the issues may be in our lives, he cared for them all just the same. And not to mention, the laughter that never fails to keep us alert and engaged in class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gifted to be a blessing

Everyone had a role to play. Each bringing his or her gift to the table. Each complementing the other to provide a more complete picture of what we were to learn from the Marketing, Leadership or Economics classes. I loved how he used newfound friends to reaffirm the gifts he has placed in my life. To be reminded that teaching is the ability to identify with the audiece's needs and communicate ideas in a way that helps them understand, appreciate and apply the concepts in their lives.

Just the other day, as mom and I journeyed to my office at the Twin Towers, she reminded me of my daily habits upon returning from primary school many years ago. I would quickly throw off my uniform and don my Tees and Shorts, dash to the green chalk board and begin scribbling the questions from my classes and textbooks. I would then teach my imaginery students, reading out each question, pausing and waiting for student responses. I would discuss the possible answers, and wave my large ruler in the air ... the thought of me doing this just cracks me up ... LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoying the journey

And not to mention, the little things that makes the overall new adventure exciting ... the first Spanish wine tasting session ... the first dinner at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant at Riverside ... the first Mojito at the Cuba Libere bar at Clarke Quay ... and many more to come ....

No comments: