Monday, June 23, 2008

The Sandpaper of sandpapers

Of course, I absolutely just love my friends, don't I? We have decided that we would be like sandpaper to one another ... you know, like iron sharpens iron, and all ...

I was told that we need such friends from time to time. Fortunately or unfortunately, this one is just a "ping" away ... LOL.

It looks like I just took home the trophy on this one. My loyal friend "pings" me and dedicates these wonderfully written lyrics to me ...

You Are The Sandpaper Of My Life
You’re the sandpaper in my life
That's why I'll always be in pain,
You are the finger in my eye,
Forever I wish I was slain

Although this is the beginning,
In truth it feels like a million years,
And if I thought my grief was ending,
I'd find myself laughing in my own tears

You’re the sandpaper in my life
That's why I'll always be in pain,
You are the finger in my eye,
Forever I wish I was slain

You must have known I needed sanding,
Because you came and scrubbed on cue,
And I know that this feels like heaven,
How could so much grit be inside of you?

You’re the sandpaper in my life
That's why I'll always be in pain,
You are the finger in my eye,
Forever I wish I was slain

[Background]
Pain has joined us,
Grace has joined us,
Let's think refining.

The above lyrics are to be sung to Stevie Wonder's "You are the Sunshine of My Life")



Awwww, thanks J. You're so thoughtful to have spent all this time writing this just to remind me what a sandpaper I am to you ... I don't know whether to be flattered or what.

As always, I am just laughing out loud ... :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandpaper!! Hi Michele, I've been sandpapering walls in my mom's house to prepare them to paint and encountering hard to remove rough and torn old wallpaper that no longer brings any beauty to the room. Sandpaper is my lifesaver in the project and I've had to do so much of it that when I read your blog, the idea of friends working in our lifes to sand away the roughness really hit home. Funny, how practical things can still be used for such wonderful spiritual truths.

The Forgetful One! said...

Thought of the day -
The most generous vine, if not pruned, runs out into many superflous stems and grows at last weak and fruitless; so does the best man/woman if he/she be not cut short in his/her desires and pruned with afflictions.